Wednesday, September 16, 2009

whitney houston interview with oprah part 2

whitney houston interview with oprah part 2

In the second segment of her taped two-part comeback interview, mega star Whitney Houston described to Oprah her “crazy love” for her former husband, Bobby Brown, her descent into drug abuse, Brown’s abusive behavior and how her mother, daughter and firm spiritual beliefs saved her life.

Whitney admitted that she made herself weak to make her less successful husband feel strong. “I think somewhere inside, something happens to a man when a woman has that much control or has that much fame,” she explained. Ms. Houston described a relationship with Mr. Brown that was tempestuous. Once, she said, he spat in her face. Another time she hit him on the head so hard with a telephone receiver that he fell down bleeding, just as their daughter entered the room.

Ms. Houston attributed her drug abuse to her passion for her husband. “He was my drug,” she said. “I didn’t do anything without him. I wasn’t getting high by myself. It was me and him together, and we were partners, and that’s what my high was — him. He and I being together, and whatever we did, we did it together. No matter what, we did it together.”

According to the official Whitney Houston web site, Ms. Houston sold 170 million combined albums, singles and videos worldwide during her career with Arista Records. The Guinness Book Of World Records lists Whitney as music's "most awarded female artist of all time," with an amazing tally of 411 awards, representing a tally that is certainly topped by her two Emmy Awards, six Grammy Awards, 16 Billboard Music Awards, and 23 American Music Awards.

Part two of Oprah’s interview concluded with Whitney singing “I Didn’t Know My Own Strength” , a song from her new CD, “I Look To You”. By the end of the show, Oprah was in tears and the audience was floored. Whitney is finally back and beautiful as ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment