Sunday, May 10, 2009

alex cejka

alex cejka

Play has concluded at the Players Championship and Tiger Woods has worked his way into the final group. He's in a six-way tie for second, five shots behind leader Alex Cejka, which is the same margin he made up playing in the final group against a nervous Sean O'Hair at Bay Hill last month.

The 38-year-old Cejka should be a tougher customer.

"I was trying to hang in there like a pit bull," Cejka said after shooting 72 in toughening conditions. "Yeah, it's going to be tough. He's the best player. I know I have a lead but it's against not only Tiger but against the rest of the field. I mean, I've got to play well to win here."

Expect even tougher conditions tomorrow with the sun continuing to bake the course and the wind up.

Asked how he expects to course to play, Retief Goosen, also tied for second, said, "like that cart path.


No comments:

Post a Comment