Sunday, May 17, 2009

mary louise parker

mary louise parker




US actress Mary-Louise Parker has hit out at a television director whom she claims "goaded" her into a nude scene.
Parker bared her breasts in an extended scene in the season finale of Weeds last year.
But the 44-year-old actress, who won her big break in drama classic Fried Green Tomatoes, has regretted the revealing scene ever since.

"I didn't think I needed to be naked, and I fought with the director about it, and now I'm bitter," Parker was quoted by More magazine as saying.
"I knew it was going to be on the Internet 'Mary-Louise shows off her big nipples'.
"I wish I hadn't done that. I was goaded into it."
But the show's co-executive producer Robert Benabib says the scene was crucial to the storyline to illustrate the character's vulnerability.
"There was a nonchalance to the nudity that informed the scene," the New York Post reported Benabib as saying.
Weeds features Parker playing Nancy Botwin, a widowed single mother who turns to selling marijuana to support her family.
She won a Golden Globe for the role in 2005 and also won a statue for her role in Angels in America in 2003.
Parker also spent six years on acclaimed political drama series The West Wing, which ended in 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment