Monday, May 4, 2009

star wars day

star wars day

Star WarsI woke up to find out it's Star Wars Day because ... wait for it... it's May 4th. As in, May the 4th be with you. Har har.

Don't you love that there's a day for everything?

I wouldn't bother with this "news" except that it brings up a question I've been pondering lately. When is a child old enough to see "Star Wars"?

I loved the movie when I was young (I was 11 when it was released in theaters). But I still remember the scene when Luke Skywalker finds that the uncle and aunt who raised him have been killed by stormtroopers as somewhat scary. And Darth Vader was very scary. So my 5- and 8-year-old have not seen it yet.

But some of their friends have seen all the "Star Wars" movies, and are big fans, with no apparent ill effects.

Should I let them watch, and watch with them? Wait a while?

No comments:

Post a Comment